From it’s inception in 1945, until December 2007, Camp Gitchigomee was part of the Anglican Church, in the Diocese of Algoma. Even though we are now a separate not-for-profit corporation, substantial financial, personnel, and clergy support for the camp continues to be provided by the Anglican parishes in the Deanery of Thunder Bay. Connection with each parish is provided through the priest-in-charge (link), and through the parish representatives, as follows:
- Parish of West Thunder Bay (St. Mark’s, Rosslyn, St. James, Murillo): Alison Hart
- St. Thomas’s: Georgine Salmonsen
- St. Paul’s: Sandra Rejall
- St. Luke’s: Roberta Wolfe
- St. John’s: Barbara Williams
- St. George’s: Ingrid Koropeski
- St. Michaels’s and All Angels: Stacey Livitski
- St. Stephen’s: TBD
Note: If you wish to take part in the camp and would like a Church Representative for your parish, please contact the camp.
Ladies Auxiliary to the Camp
The Ladies Auxiliary to Camp Gitchigomee provides support by helping to clean the camp in the spring, and to raise funds through bake sales. Financial assistance is provided for the purchase of craft supplies for each camp, and bursaries for families who may not be able to afford the full registration fee.
Leadership of the Ladies Auxiliary rotates between the Anglican parishes on an annual (?) basis. Sharon Gartrell and Betty Gottfred from St. Luke’s had this role in 2010.