Camp Gitchigomee is available to rent subject to availability and to approval from the camp Board of Directors. Rental agreement documents will need to be completed and signed by a responsible person, prior to occupying the camp.
All renters must download and read these Notes For Renters.
The rental rates as of Jan. 2017 are:
No Power or Water Supplied:
Daily Fee (each full or partial day)………………………..$100
Cost for a typical weekend rental: $150 + $300 (Fri 6 PM to Sun 6 PM = 3 days) = $450
Power and Water Supplied:
Small Generator* Hourly Cost: $4.00 / hour (e.g. Fri 6PM to Sun 6PM = 48 hrs X $4.00/hr = $192)
Large Generator* Hourly Cost: $7.00 / hour (e.g. Fri 6PM to Sun 6PM = 48 hrs X $7.00/hr = $336)
Daily mileage cost for water system Trained Person: $ 75 OR Camp Host** daily fee: $125
Range of Costs for a typical weekend rental:
Minimum (small generator, daily mileage fee): $400 + $192 + (3 X $75) = $817
Maximum (large generator, camp host): $400 + 336 + (3 X $125) = $1111
*Camp Gitchigomee has a small (8.5 KW) generator which is capable of operating of the water system, one fridge and lights in all cabins ONLY.
For any additional power use – e.g. freezers, heaters, additional fridges, the large (15 KW) generator MUST be used. Additional power use with the small generator will result in permanent appliance failure.
**A Camp Host will require one building for accommodation, and therefore not available for renter use. The camp Host will ensure proper operation of the water system, check the generators daily, generally assist renters in the use of the facilities, and undertake repairs and maintenance while on site.
NOTE: Where renters provide a trained person to test water and maintain generators, the daily mileage and camp host fees are waived and replaced by a one-time nominal fee of $75.
The camp can accommodate a maximum of 60-70 persons comfortably. Please see our camp layout plan (with building #) referenced below. Facilities include:
• Three bunkhouses (#’s 3, 5, 9) each with 8 double bunks • Cooks Cabin (#1) has two sides, each with 2 beds/pullout couch
• Thomson Lodge (#2) has two sides, each with 2 beds
• Four Small cabins (#’s 6,7,8,10), each with 2 beds
• First Aid Post (#11) with one bed, plus one infirmary bed
• Directors Cabin (#12) has one double bed, plus a wood stove
• will seat approximately 60-70 persons
• kitchen with a commercial propane stove, electric freezers & fridges, cooking utensils, dishes
• potable water provided by MOE-inspected water treatment system
• Canoe & Craft Shed (#19) ; 12 canoes, paddles, lifejackets
• Conliffe Hall (Recreation hall & chapel, # 20) has an acorn fireplace
• Long, sandy beach, with adjacent children’s play centre; shallow sandy bay for swimming
• Fire pit surrounded by two shade shelters and a small stage
• Two open fields suitable for land games
• Walking trail around the point
• Biffies (# 4)
• Tool Shed (#14)
• Generator, propane tank and flammable storage (#’s17,16,18)
• Tuck Shop (#13) with fridge & freezer
• Woodshed (bring your own firewood is encouraged) Water Quality:
• Water Quality Report (pdf file) Don’t forget to read the Notes For Renters.
Please contact Jim Sutton (622-6263) for further information.