Camp Gitchigomee is available to rent subject to availability and to approval from the camp Board of Directors. Rental agreement documents will need to be completed and signed by a responsible person, prior to occupying the camp. For additional information and to request a copy of our Notes for Renters, please contact our Rental Coordinator, Jim Sutton at 622-6263.
Rental Fee Structure – Camp Gitchigomee
Cleanup Deposit and Fees
- As part of the rental agreement, all renters will need to provide an advance $200 Cleanup Deposit returnable or applied to the cost of your rental upon satisfactory inspection of the property after use
- If the camp is found to be in an unsatisfactory condition, a cleanup fee of $100 per hour and $25 per bag of garbage will be applied to the deposit. Any difference will be returned or billed to the renter.
- Renters who leave the camp in an unsatisfactory condition may not be considered for future rentals.
- Sadly, we have had to implement this system because our volunteers are getting tired of cleaning up after some renters.
Rental Fees – No Power or Water Supplied
$150 per day or partial day
Rental Fees – Power and Water Supplied (available only on request)
Small Generator * Hourly Cost: $10 / hour (e.g. Fri 6PM to Sun 6PM = 48 hrs X $10/hr = $480)
Large Generator* Hourly Cost: $15 / hour (e.g. Fri 6PM to Sun 6PM = 48 hrs X $15/hr = $720)
Daily mileage cost for water system Trained Person: $ 100 or Camp Host** daily fee: $200
Range of Costs for a typical weekend rental:
Minimum (small generator, daily mileage fee): $500 + $480 + (3 X $100) = $1280
Maximum (large generator, camp host): $500 + $720 + (3 X $200) = $1820
*Camp Gitchigomee has a small (8.5 KW) generator which is capable of operating of the water system, one fridge and lights in all cabins ONLY.
For any additional power use – e.g. freezers, heaters, additional fridges, the large (15 KW) generator MUST be used. Additional power use with the small generator will result in appliance failure.
**A Camp Host will require one building for accommodation, and therefore not available for renter use. The camp Host will ensure proper operation of the water system, check the generators daily, generally assist renters in the use of the facilities, and undertake repairs and maintenance while on site.
NOTE: Where renters provide a trained person to test water and maintain generators, the daily mileage and camp host fees are waived and replaced by a one-time nominal fee of $75.
The camp can accommodate a maximum of 60-70 persons comfortably. Please see our camp layout plan on the Maps Page
• Three bunkhouses (#’s 3, 5, 9) each with 8 double bunks • Cooks Cabin (#1) has two sides, each with 2 beds/pullout couch
• Thomson Lodge (#2) has two sides, each with 2 beds
• Four Small cabins (#’s 6,7,8,10), each with 2 beds
• First Aid Post (#11) with one bed, plus one infirmary bed
• Directors Cabin (#12) has one double bed, plus a wood stove
• will seat approximately 60-70 persons
• kitchen with a commercial propane stove, electric freezers & fridges, cooking utensils, dishes
• potable water provided by MOE-inspected water treatment system
• Canoe & Craft Shed (#19) ; 12 canoes, paddles, lifejackets
• Conliffe Hall (Recreation hall & chapel, # 20) has an acorn fireplace
• Long, sandy beach, with adjacent children’s play centre; shallow sandy bay for swimming
• Fire pit surrounded by two shade shelters and a small stage
• Two open fields suitable for land games
• Walking trail around the point
• Biffies (# 4)
• Tool Shed (#14)
• Generator, propane tank and flammable storage (#’s17,16,18)
• Tuck Shop (#13) with fridge & freezer
• Woodshed (bring your own firewood is encouraged)
• Water Quality: Water Quality Report available
Don’t forget to read the Notes For Renters.
Please contact Jim Sutton (622-6263) for further information.