You’re invited to Family Camp! Please see our website for information and to register for Family Camp July 2022
Your family is welcome to register for family camp during the weekend in July. Plan your meals and activities, there will be opportunities for swims, canoeing, hiking, and crafts.
Notes to Families:
- Families will be assigned cabin space based on availability (first-come, first-served) and preference, please indicate if you have a preference for a cabin or would like to share a large cabin space with other families. Families will not be assigned to share with another family unless indicating willingness to do so.
- Camp Gitchigomee is a Nut and Fish Free space, due to allergies.
- Camp staff will be present on site to ensure the weekend runs smoothly.
- All families must include an adult who will be responsible for the supervision of your children, waivers will be required for swimming and use of canoes.
- Craft activities may be accessed and supervised by camp staff.
- Families will be responsible for providing and preparing their own meals. Shared kitchen space with fridges, freezer, stove, oven, and microwave will be available for use. The BBQ and campfire will also be available for cooking use. *Kitchen and fridge space will be limited – personal coolers for food storage and meals planned for little kitchen prep are recommended.
- Families will be responsible for their own kitchen-use and dish clean during/after meals.
- Bring your own linens with you; you will need towels and bedding.
- As per Camp Gitchigomee policy, recreational drugs and alcohol are not allowed at Camp events. Smoking is prohibited on camp property. Personal medication should be secured safely.
- All families will need to follow COVID-19 protocols in place at the time of the camp. Participants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption. Families should screen for COVID-19 symptoms before attending camp, DO NOT come to camp if failing screening. Rapid Antigen Tests will be available onsite if needed. Camp staff will help ensure high touch surfaces are cleaned frequently.
- Electricity and running water will be provided through the use of the generator.
- We ask that families make a donation based on family size and length of stay to offset the costs of running the weekend.